I have a new (to me) bike, seen here. Isn't it beautiful?! Triple-butted steel Vitali frame with 8-speed Campagnolo Veloce components. I don't know too much about the bike, although I am guessing mid-1990s era based on the colour, among other things. If anyone out there knows something about Vitali frames - holla! This is the bicycle that is going to propel me into bicycle commuting happiness. I need a job next, but first things first.
I took her out for my first ride today. It was my first time riding a road bike ever and I have to say I learned a few things very quickly.
1. Road biking hurts my crotch. Note: need new seat.
2. Road biking makes me feel fast (again, compared to a mountain bike) but the damn computer doesn't lie: I'm slow. 30 kph was as fast as my little legs wanted to carry me. Disappointing.
3. Road bikes are stiff. Every bump in the road is painful. Who knew how useful my fat mtn bike tires and front suspension are?!
4. Drop bars make me nervous, but they make me feel speedy!
5. My husband can still outrun me on his mountain bike on the road. Note: Stop that!