Sunday, May 3, 2009

All Roads Lead to...Maui?

The night we packed up our house to move from Whitehorse back to Vancouver, this is what I looked like:
I know. It's brutally unflattering. I don't even know why I took a photo of myself when I was clearly so distraught. But I didn't know what else to do. I suppose drinking boxed wine from a fig jam jar probably wasn't helping the situation, but the point is that I was really, really sad to be leaving a place I loved.

Fast forward 8 months and we are moving back to the Yukon. There is a lot behind our decision and a lot of those reasons now makes me equally sad, but there is a little part of my heart that is warming up and I have little butterflies in my tum. I know that Whitehorse round 2 won't be exactly as it was before I left. And I am sure that there are things about the town that I am remembering with rose-coloured glasses (can you remember with your eyes?). But I am excited. And that's a good thing.

Oh - and first stop on our way back to north of 60? A quick trip to Maui to sooth our souls and quench our thirst for piƱa coladas. We leave in 8 hours. Aloha!

3 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Have a good trip! And a good luck with "Round 2"

I think the only way I concretely remember things is with my eyes... my memories are way more visual than verbal/factual.

kirsten said...

have fun in Hawaii! and if you feel like stopping by Smithers on the way back up there, feel free! At least you're going back when it's nice out.. I always feel less.. well.. enamored in the north when it's -20 and dark in January, or when it's muddy and cold in April. But once it's green, I'm golden! Good luck with the move!

Meandering Michael said...

Yay! Congrats! I hope it's everything you want it to be an more.