Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Musical History

This photo on flickr asked people to share what was your first 45, cassette, or CD. I have been smiling since remembering mine...Rock '83 from K-Tel. It was a gift, I think from my mom and dad, along with a ghetto blaster for my 10th birthday. And boy, did I ever think that Laura Branigan was cool.






Check out the track list:

Men At Work - Be Good Johnny
Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
Toni Basil - Mickey
Kenny Loggins With Steve Perry - Don't Fight It
Rush - Subdivisions
Missing Persons - Walking In LA
Pat Benatar - Shadows Of The Night
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Dexy's Midnight Runners & The Emerald Express - Come On Eileen
Human League - Don't You Want Me
Duran Duran - Hungry LIke The Wolf
Ultravox - Reap The Wild Wind
Divinyls - Boys In Town
Bryan Adams - Cuts Like A Knife
Laura Branigan - Gloria

Do you remember what your first album was?

4 comments:

Make!Do! said...

I still own that record. It was in my Christmas stocking of 1983, I'm guessing! But my first record was a tape cassette copy of Eddie Grant's Electric Avenue.
Don't you love how K-Tel always had one kind of minor un-hit on each of their records?

WEB SHERIFF said...

WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208-323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Jennoit,

On behalf of Adams Communications, many thanks for plugging Bryan Adams and, if you / your readers would like good quality, non-pirated previews from Bryan's latest album - "11" - then full-length versions of "Tonight We Have The Stars", "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" & "Walk On By" are available for fans and bloggers to stream / host / post / share etc from the Archive section of www.bryanadams.com. Up-to-the-minute news on Bryan's 2009 shows is, of course, available on the official site and on www.myspace.com/bryanadams and an increasing archive of exclusive film footage of Bryan Adams performances is also available for fans and YouTubers on Bryan’s official channel at www.youtube.com/bryanadams ... .. and keep an eye on these official sources for details of further BA news, preview material and on-line promotions.

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF

Maven said...

Oh my--that's quite the Bryan Adams troll.

I lurve K-Tel. I'm sure I still have some vinyl around...but my first album was Dolly Parton, "9 to 5 and Odd Jobs." I bought it at Target, with my own money, when I was about 8. And then played it on the Fisher Price record player in our bedroom.

kirsten said...

I think mine was a Mama Cass tape that my grandparents got me to go along with my first ghetto blaster. I wanted Def Leppard, but I gather my grandparents didn't even know where to look for something like that. So they got me what they thought would be "young and hip"!