Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Help me plan a vacation

09:55 sunrise
15:50 sunset

O hai interwebs. Can u halp me decide on vacashun destinashun? Kthxbai. I was a late convert to lol cats, but have found them funny of late and I find myself saying "o hai" out loud to folks.

But seriously, I am calling on anyone who feels like chiming in to help me choose a warm destination for our winter vacation. Here are some factors to consider:

- our time away will only be 7-10 days, so don't send me to Thailand (been there and it was fantastic, but it's too far for so few days)
- cheap is good, but not a determining factor
- I don't do hostels anymore
- love having more than a beach (ie: museums, arts & crafts, sporty), but it must be somewhere hot so that I get a break from winter

Short-listed right now:

Hawai'i: we've been to Maui twice and adored it, but this time would go to Kauai
Mexico: maybe Oaxaca?
Central America: country undecided; we've been to Guatemala and Belize
Caribbean: again, undecided where. Ben would like to sail (so maybe the BVI?). My sister lives in the Bahamas so a few days there would be nice, but we would want to go to another island for awhile.

Opinions? Experiences? I’d love to hear ‘em.

2 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

I liked it here.

Let me know if you actually want the name of the place. I don't go spreading it around. It's not a very touristy place and I hope it stays that way, but I know it's only a matter of time.

The food in the area is AMAZING (and cheap). There is a big market nearby, a mangrove park (where you can go canoeing or kayaking), the fishing/dolphin watching/turtle watching was good (and reasonably priced), and the surfing is excellent (if it's something you're into or something you want to try).

Jennoit said...

Fabulous! I would love to know where you were, although I *think* I might know.