Thursday, December 3, 2009

How's Your Handwiting?

09:46 sunrise
15:55 sunset

Apparently they don't teach cursive in elementary schools anymore. Yeah, I don't know who "they" are and I am not entirely sure which schools I am referring to, but it's a rumour I heard. Well, more than a rumour. There are lots of articles on the subject - Google away if you are interested in more than just this one. I have never had beautiful penmanship (blame it on my left-handedness) but I hate to think of handwriting as a dying art. I mean really - would you send a typewritten thank-you note?

This little tagging game made its way to me on flickr yesterday. Here are my results (it helps if you click to make the image larger):

1. Your Name/ Username
2. Right or Left Handed
3. Favourite Letters to Write
4. Least Favorite Letters to Write
5. Write "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
6. Tag 6 Contacts

3 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Oh I saw this yesterday on flickr, maybe artisterin? Thanks for reminding me, I'd thought about doing it but got busy being stressed out.

Victoria Allman said...

Maybe "they" are teaching how to text instead

Meandering Michael said...

I used to have nice penmanship until my Grade 2 teacher tried to make me write right-handed. She was an awful teacher and now I have awful penmanship