Monday, April 26, 2010

Zinc Overdose

6:09 sunrise
21:47 sunset

Who knew that zinc lozenges have a maximum dosage of 3 daily?! Seriously. I was eating these things like candy this weekend. Since I went to the Bahamas I have had a persistent, sore throat and I started snacking on these pastilles in an attempt to make it feel better. Last night I thought "maybe I should check if there's a recommended dosage" and lo and behold - with each lozenge containing 15mg of zinc, 60mg of vitamin C and 50mg of echinacea - I was only supposed to consume 3 of these/day. I think I ate somewhere between 6 and 10 of these yesterday alone.

So I went to bed last night in a fit of paranoia that I was going to die of zinc poisoning (I even made Ben get up out of bed and do some interwebs research on my behalf) combined with self-doubt related to this whole transrockies thing. And now it's Monday. Awesome. Good news: I'm not dead yet.

3 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

They've got some fantastic licorice teas down at the Riverside Grocery. One of those might help. (I've got some here if you want to try it - you've probably figured out where my place is, right?)

Jennoit said...

Actually, I am *not* 100% sure which house is yours, Michael! But I think you are on Sunset? And thanks for the tea suggestion.

Meandering Michael said...

Here's a big clue.