Thursday, September 2, 2010

Middle of Finter

6:58 sunrise
22:01 sunset

It is definintely fall (or as I prefer to call it, finter) in the Yukon. Unfortunately it's also been a bit wetter than usual which makes getting out to enjoy our last month of riding a bit more frustrating. I saw enough rain in Alberta in August - no need to have more of it here.

I went to Mt Sima on Wednesday to check out the downhill trails they have built this summer. I must say, poor Bea (my bike) is not really suited for rocketing down the alpine. Downhilling isn't really my thing, but it was still a fun way to spend a couple of hours after work.

And of course, all the colours are changing so it was beautiful. I love this season here, even if it is ridiculously short. These shots were all taken from the chairlift.




1 comment:

narly said...

We're almost at the time that the weather becomes bearable out here in HK.

2+ months of 35 degree heat and 90+% relative humidity - October / November is delightful out here. Lovely and warm but without the mugginess :)