Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Protein Source

8:48 sunrise
18:43 sunset

I have perfected the hard-boiled egg.

I know.  Stop the presses.  Look out foodies - I have combined boiling water with an egg and have come up with delicious.


The secret, apparently, is in how one cooks them.  No need to boil the egg for the entire cooking time.  Bring to a boil, remove from heat for 13 minutes, rinse with cold water and voilà - no greyish-yellow yolk, no sulphur smell.  Who knew I could like these so much?  Word, to the all-knowing interwebs.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I love boiled eggs...I have to stop myself from making them too often, because otherwise I'll eat them all.

More than that, I love the Woody Allen joke: "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs.