Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cranberry Chutney

8:05 sunrise
19:35 sunset

First we picked, and then we canned (although I want to say "jarred").



Thanks to Margi and her "I'm Polish I can can anything" approach to life, we made some amazing cranberry chutney this week.  We used the recipe from The Boreal Gourmet cookbook.  I was going to post the recipe but I don't see it online anywhere and I'd hate to cut in on any book sales for Mich Genest.  I'll just say - pick up a copy of the book for yourself.  It's full of all sorts of northern deliciousness (and this from a vegetarian...).

3 comments:

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Oooh, yum! I want to put some on a turkey sandwich. (Sorry, vegetarians!)

Jeanne said...

I always want to say jarred too! The jars look gorgeous!

Julie said...

Looks yummy! I can't help but notice the orange color of the kitchen wall in the background. I love it!