Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hazy Shade of Winter

8:57 sunrise
16:33 sunset

I took my bike out for a walk today.

It wasn't really my plan (the walking, that is).  It has been snowing since Thursday and we have LOTS of fluffy, pretty white stuff on the ground.  I reeeeaaaallly wanted to go out and play in it and even though waxing my skis would have been the more logical choice, I grabbed my snow bike, borrowed one for Ben and out we went.

Epic fail.


That's Ben barely managing to stay upright en route to Quickie.  And he fared better than I did.

Mingus had a grand time, however, and I guess that's worth something.

And, since I walked my bike nearly as much as I rode it, there were lots of photo opportunities.  I think El Guapo looks quite handsome in his natural, snowy environment.  I'm looking forward to a great winter bike season (which is good news considering it's only November...).

1 comment:

Jill Homer said...

Aw, now I feel nostalgic for some of my favorite bike walks ... "maybe this trail is more packed down once I'm out of the trees." Yeah, that never seems to be the case.

It seems that Whitehorse, Juneau and Anchorage are under heavy snow already. Jealous. Glad you're out enjoying it! Hoping for a taste myself come February.