Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dresses for Spring

7:59 sunrise
18:56 sunset

We've had warm (for this time of year) weather the last few weeks and I am hankering for the next season.  Even though it is currently -13C outside I have been thinking spring.  Okay, to be honest, I have been thinking spring dresses - both new and old.

The Fresh Collective is one of my fave Toronto stores and since I will be heading to Toronto at the end of March I have been trolling the Fresh Collective facebook page to see what's new.  Here are some of the things I am crushing on at the moment:

Most awesome bike skirt.  I feel like this one has the bike-wife written all over it so I will pass.  But I think the designer (Desserts & Skirts) creates these in other fabrics.



Super cute blue cowl dress by Fresh Baked Goods


Other super cute blue dress by Spruce Clothing (love the neckline!)


And a pair of shoes that I simply must own:



In addition to these funky new things made by Canadian designers, I am in dress love with several of the latest vintage offerings over at Small Earth Vintage.  Karen's got such a great eye for dresses.  I troll her shop on a regular basis and some of my favourite things have come to me through her. I am hoping that one of these lovelies is in my size.

1960s abstract print dress
1960s blue abstract print dress, by Pennypacker


1950s spring floral print dress.  The colours aren't really my thing but I love the belt, buttons and bow.
1950s spring floral print dress with bow, by Shelton Stroller


1960s aqua piqué dress
1960s robin's egg blue piqué dress with roll collar and bow


1960s candy coloured striped dress
1960s L'Aiglon candy stripe dress


1960s beaded cocktail dress.  Alas, I already know this one is the wrong size so I won't be having it.  But that doesn't stop me from wanting it.
1960s beaded champagne bubbles brocade cocktail dress

Which item is your favourite?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love the blue cowl neck by fresh baked goods, and those shoes are totally awesome...you must get them! I think all the dresses are "you" so there is really no bad choice. Have fun in TO and I hope spring comes to Whitehorse soon:)