Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Monochrome - Everybody Everywhere in August

6:10 sunrise
22:00 sunset

I haven't written about bikes much lately.  Actually, I haven't been writing too much at all.  I haven't felt very inspired.

However, I have acquired some funky new threads the last few weeks.  Some have come via my trip to Toronto and some have come as hand-me-downs from a colleague.  I couldn't quite make any of these new pieces work for this month's everybody everywhere challenge (monochrome) but I was still inspired to look a little harder through my closet this morning.  Shoes were the sticking point.  In trying to go for a single dose of colour, my choices were green, red, black or brown.  I decided to go for a late summer pick me up in green.  There will only be a couple of weeks left of this summer shade here in the Yukon so I might as well enjoy it while I can!

Monochromatic

Shoes - 60s sandals from tialeyvintage
  Dress - Ann Taylor Loft c. 2005
Necklace - Turquoise, Cameron Trading Post, Arizona


5 comments:

Style Agent 909 said...

Oh Green is one of my favorite colors and you look great! I've got a favorite green skirt I've been wearing to death this summer. Gonna have a look around your blog.

gracefully50.com said...

What a pretty color!!
I like the simplicity of your dress...very classy!

Mia said...

Oh man, if I'd been more stringent and tried to have my shoes in on the monochromatic challenge, I'd definitely end up leaving the house in all brown or black...I don't have many (any?) non-shoe-colored shoes. I'm glad you went for green, it's a color that always makes me smile!

CC said...

Love the green! So cute!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Wow--you did a great job! Those mint greens match right up. You look fabulous, Jenn! And I'm happy for you that it appears you've had some weather that allows for summer dressing.