Thursday, November 1, 2012

Travel North

9:26 sunrise
18:01 sunset

I romanticize the early 1960s from a Canadian design perspective.  Not so much for fashion but in things like Expo '67 optimism, a whole bunch of airports, the new Toronto City Hall, the current Canadian flag, etc. This little gem came across my desk today and I *love* it. From the days when the Canadian government was interested in a national, socially just identity - but one that still clung to ideas of being "of the north," this was an ad for travelling to the Northwest Territories in (I think) 1965.



4 comments:

Nicole Scott said...

Great graphic image! Great Colour! I'm with you Jenn, I love it.

Carola said...

Hi! Have you had any snow yet? We had 20 cm's last weekend! But now it's gone. It's just raining and raining and ...

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love that graphic! Bundle up...and travel north.

Jennoit said...

Carola - we had our first snow October 1st and it has stayed since pretty much mid-October this year. So ya, we have snow!