Monday, December 31, 2012

31/31

10:10 sunrise
15:58 sunset

Happy end of Dressember!  I think I am a little bit in shock that I actually made it.

Today marks the thirty-first day of me wearing the same dress. It was partly as a personal challenge, mostly as a fundraiser for Right To Play. You people AMAZE me - at the end of all this nonsense we have raised over $800 for a really great charity. In case you need a little extra encouragement to make a donation before January 2nd (the day my fundraising effort ends) here is what RTP does and why I think they deserve our support.

Right To Play's mission is to use sport and play to empower children and youth.  In their own words "play is NOT a luxury; it is a tool for education and health. It can bring entire communities together and inspire every individual. A game of football can teach children about tolerance and peace, and a game of tag can teach about malaria. Play helps teach important life lessons and develop skills like cooperation, leadership, and teamwork."

I want to thank each one of you who donated and I need to send a shout out here to the one donor I do not know personally.  I have no idea how you found this blog but, Adele, thank-you.


Even though I have no big plans for tonight, I tried to make my last outfit the littlest bit spiffy.  That is, if you consider the inside layer of a dress purchased at Value Village to be fancy.

Dress - Vero Moda
Headband - Reitman's, I think
Crinoline - Value Village, Richmond.  Used to be part of a dress until I dismantled it
Tights - Eek, I don't remember!
Shoes - Nine West

Happy new year everyone!  I am looking forward to 2013 (and being able to wear jeans).

1 comment:

amanda said...

:) :) Happy new year, Jenn! You rock :)