Wednesday, December 5, 2012

5/31

9:50 sunrise
15:53 sunset

Happy Dressember the 5th peeps!

As I type this, my original fundraising goal for Right To Play has nearly been met!  I am so thrilled and touched by my friends, acquaintances and strangers who have dug into their pockets to support me in this kinda silly Dressember endeavour.  Thank-you.

The weather remains, um, crisp here in Whitehorse.  Outdoor photos are taken quickly and wearing my polyester dress without a layer of wool underneath it is an exercise in self-torture.  But the clouds have gone and the light was gorgeous this morning when Brenda and I popped outside the Archives for this selfie.


On Brenda: a dress that she bought, I believe at Ross, in Hawaii

On me:
Dress - Vero Moda
Scarf - a gift from my mother-in-law. If I recall, she picked it up at a yard sale in Comox, BC from a family that included someone who had served in the military.  Apparently the scarf is from Afghanistan.
Belt - purchased in Thornbury, ON
Tights - Another pair from Superstore. Best cheap tights ever.
Boots - Miz Mooz

The scarf is quite beautiful.  I tried to take a closer photo of it at my desk but all I can focus on in the below shot is the fact that my red hair clashes with the pink walls in my office.  Then again, everything clashes with the pink walls in my office.



I've had several people ask me how I plan to wear the same dress for 31 days in a row (as in - what about the smell?).  I'll address that in tomorrow's post.

If you are enjoying these updates, please consiuder making a donation to my chosen charity: Right To Play. I've set up a giving page via Canada Helps.  The Right To Play button under my profile will also take you there.

For a backgrounder on what this Dressember thing is, check out my opening and explanatory post.  It's just a bit of mid-winter fun that I am documenting on a daily basis.

No comments: