Monday, September 9, 2013

Race Report: Klondike Road Relay

7:13 sunrise
20:32 sunset

Well, I didn't quite make my Klondike Road Relay goal time of sub 1:10.  I was close though, and I really did try.  I ran as fast as my legs and heart and limited training would allow and I finished the 12.5km princess leg in 1:11 and a few seconds.  I'm happy with my effort but slightly disappointed that I couldn't mange to go just that wee bit faster.

In good news - I discovered that The Naked and Famous' song The Sun is perfect for running.  I didn't quite get my music playlist right this year but that one is a gooder.  I'm going to try and continue running over the fall and winter though and maybe next year it will finally be time for me to challenge one of the longer, harder legs of this race.

At the finish of leg 3. Note my tiara, tutu and finish line cider. Being on a hash team is serious business.

No comments: