Thursday, November 14, 2013

The yoga diaries - day 1

That wasn't too bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little backgrounder:  I signed up for a 40 day yoga intensive.  Really, it's 30 days over 6 weeks (6 weeks = 40 days).   It started today.  Actually, it started on Monday but I was in San Francisco so I missed the first three classes.  It starts at 7am which, if you know me you would know, is a major threat to success.  I hate mornings.  I haven't done a lot of yoga in my life but I have, for the better part of a year, been feeling ridiculously stiff/sore and basically very un-bendy.  It feels old.  It doesn't feel fit or healthy. And I figure I could use a little stretch therapy.  Fit for 40 has a yoga intensive on the list so... I bit the bullet by signing up.

I'm going to write, every day, one word or sentence about how I feel about the yoga or how class went. Today: it wasn't too bad.

1 comment:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Good luck with it! I love my yoga. Every MWF morning for about 20 mins or so. One of these days I need to take another class, but for now I'm happy doing my made up routine of favorite standing and floor poses. Nothing like a few sun salutations to get ya going.